Do you need a crane to do some heavy lifting and moving on your construction site? Since you don’t need construction machines all the time and you might not have the space to store large equipment, consider the hiring route.
It makes financial sense to consider crane hire if you’re only using it for a handful of jobs. Not to mention the costs involved in buying a crane. So what do you need to know?
4 Points to Consider about Crane Licences and Crane Hire
Never hired a crane before? Not too sure of the process and all the nitty-gritty details that go along with it? Well, here are a few interesting points to consider about the crane hire process that can point you in the right direction.
Why Would you Consider Renting?
There are many practical reasons to hire a crane instead of buying one. By making use of the crane hire Melbourne companies have to offer, you’ll benefit in the following ways:
- Latest technologies and improvements: Imagine you buy an excellent second-hand crane at an auction. Later you discover that you could have hired a crane with more updated features. Hiring gives you the option of selecting a crane with the latest technologies which might make the job at hand a lot easier and take less time to do it.
- Reduces maintenance or repair costs: When you buy a crane, the costs of maintenance and repairs are your responsibility. Repair and maintenance costs are covered in the rental agreement when you hire any crane equipment.
- Back-up services: Rental companies understand that in construction, time is money. When the hired crane is being repaired or needs maintenance, the rental company can offer you a back-up crane as part of your agreement, meaning no downtime.
- Expert advice and assistance: If you’re in construction, you might have an idea of the type of crane you need to hire. However, crane hire experts can offer you their advice and expertise on which cranes would be the best to utilise for the job you need done. With their expertise, they may be more knowledgeable regarding the advancements in technology and advise you. Their insight benefits how proficient you can be in your task.
- Flexible time periods: Crane rental companies can offer you contracts for the estimated time you’ll need the crane. Short term contracts can be extended if necessary. This means you’ll only pay for the time you needed the crane. You won’t be paying for a bought machine that spends most of its lifespan in storage.
- Different size options: Not all construction jobs are the same. You might need different sized cranes for different jobs. Since cranes don’t come in a one-size-fits-all option, you might have a problem doing a big job with the small crane you bought. Hiring gives you the option of selecting the correct size and strength for the required job. This option also allows you to hire more than one crane at a time.
Crane Trucks – Are They a Better Option?
If you’ve never hired a crane before, another option you might want to consider is a crane truck. Not only can you hire the best cranes Melbourne has to offer, but you can hire crane trucks as well.
With crane truck hire you have a more economical way to lease the crane you need for your job site. Hiring a crane truck offers both the crane and the transport to get the machine to the job location. These machines are designed and manufactured to complete the heavier tasks with ease.
Do You Need a Crane Licence?
Australian law requires any person operating a crane to be trained and certified by a registered training organisation. A clear understanding of this can be obtained in detail in the Work Health and Safety Regulation 2011. Once this certification has been done, the person who will be operating the crane can apply for the necessary licence.
To be eligible to obtain a licence, the intended crane operator needs to be at least 18 years old. Additionally, the person must be proficient enough in English to understand the safety requirements of high-risk work as well as complete the specified training.
How Does the Hiring Process Work?
Crane hire is a simple process if you use a versatile company such as Membrey’s Transport and Crane Hire. A wide selection of cranes and crane trucks means you’ll find the right machine for the job. Since Membrey’s Transport and Crane Hire are experts in their field, you’ll also get the best advice and the highest level of service!
Contact Membrey’s and get your quote today! Phone: (03) 9554 4040